Use the resources from Human Geography In Action to analyze the diffusion of HIV/AIDS over time. Write your responses individually on loose leaf for submission.
1. List the cities in the top 15 metropolitan areas have reached 100 cases of HIV/AIDS per 100,000 people by 1991
2. List the cities outside top 15 metropolitan areas have reached 100 cases of HIV/AIDS per 100,000 people by 1991.
3. By the year 2000, how has the demographic s of affected cities changed?
1. By the year 1991, is there a correlation between distance from New York and rate of HIV/AIDS? Why or why not?
2. By the year 2003, has this relationship changed? Why or why not?
3. Are there any outliers? Which cities had higher rates of HIV/AIDS than expected?
4. Do trends in San Francisco and Miami match the trends in New York?
Source: Kuby, Harner, Gober: Human Geography in Action, 5th Edition. Wiley Higher Education. http://bcs.wiley.com/he-bcs/Books?action=resource&bcsId=5267&itemId=0470484799&resourceId=18408